Monday, October 12, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

Depiction of Bharata (Lord Rama's Youngest Brother) meeting Lord Rama watched by Hanuman, Sita and Lakshman.... From Left – Hanuman, Bharata, Lord Rama, Sita and Lakshman
Image Source: Wikipedia


Here we are. We are starting Week 8 and it's still hard to believe we are half way done with this semester and 2015 is coming to a close!

I think my portfolio is coming along well. There isn't a main theme to it but I'm kinda proud of the stories I've done for it so far. Especially my Harry Potter themed one. Why? Because Harry Potter is my life.
But, all kidding aside. I'm actually very surprised at how much more creative I can be with storytelling thanks to this course. I have learned to expand a little and use more imagination. My creative side is flourishing a little more so that's a plus! At first I was really not so confident about my work because I would go through and see my peers' work and I would really be impressed with some of the stories and posts that I encountered. Oh, and even the layouts for some of the blog pages were really crisp and creative. I've been taking into consideration some of the tech tips as well and I'm still trying to improve my page as well. I still have some tinkering to do. I really like that this course is online. It makes it much easier on me and my work schedule and I try to have at least one or two classes online because I can work on assignments in the dead of night....just like I'm doing now. Given my work schedule, I am awake all night usually. My body is just used to it and going to class on campus is kind of a pain haha.
My favorite reading so far has actually been the Ramayana. I like the Mahabharata too, but I just prefer the Ramayana to it. Some of my favorite characters from the readings would have to be Sita and Arjuna.
I tend to work from home or on campus when I'm there since work can be really really hectic. In those twelve hours I can maybe fit in time to read during my lunch breaks but it's very seldom that I have time to work on anything while here. Maybe on weekends when we are not so busy. I'm very sporatic with my coursework, which isn't a very good thing. But on my days off I try to sit and do a good four or five hours of work. That way I get everything done.
I have done a couple of the growth mindset challenges for extra credit and I find that they've helped quite a bit with my negative Nancy attitude. And, they've helped me alot in the motivation department.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I think it is great that you have felt yourself becoming more creative! That is a really great thing. I am interested to read your harry potter themed story. I am a lot like yourself in that I also work on this class at night mostly. It is a technique that has worked well for me and I am glad that it works for you too. My favorite reading this semester was also the Ramayana. The story had a certain power to it for me. Good luck to the rest of your semester! Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete