Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Feedback Week 9

Scene from Peter Brook's stage play Mahabharata, circa 1985
Image Source: Wikipedia

For this week I finished up watching Peter Brook's film adaptation of the Mahabharata. A couple weeks ago I chose the option of watching the first two and a half hours of this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it for our free choice I opted to watch the second half of the movie. The film itself is five hours long. It is available for viewing at the Bizzell or it can also be viewed on YouTube, which I found to be very convenient. I opted to watch it on YouTube. It does seem long but I did some more research and found that the original version of this adaptation was a screen play that ened up being a total of NINE hours long. I highly recommend watching this film if you want to have a broader idea of the imagery for the Mahabharata. I couldn't really imagine how the war scenes played out so watching it in film really helped me out and I feel like I understand the story a lot better now. The film gives more detail on certain episodes of the tale so that was a plus. I really enjoyed this film and I feel like everyone else will too!


The film can be seen on YouTube here

No comments:

Post a Comment