Monday, October 5, 2015

Reading Feedback: Week 6

Overall, I found the Mahabharata to be very enjoyable. I slightly preferred the content of the Ramayana but, but were very interesting reads. It was kind of hard to keep track of all the characters, since there was so many different brothers, and just characters in general. I chose Narayan's version of the Mahabharata, since I enjoyed his version of the Ramayana as well and I found it easy to understand. It was because of this that I opted to actually go and pay for the book instead of utilizing the free version, which I'm sure is just as good. I just had a great experience with Narayan's Ramayana and felt this would be just as easy to follow. I actually didn't purchase the actual hard copy of it, instead I opted to download it to my tablet. I found this to be a much more convenient way for me to read it and without the need to carry extra books. It also helped for me to read at night which is when I do the majority of my work/reading. I enjoyed having this option. There was a reading guide for this particular book and I found that extremely helpful as well.


Bhishma forcing Krishna to take up the wheel of a chariot despite the oath
that he would not pick up arms in the war
Image Source: Ritsin

No comments:

Post a Comment