Sunday, August 30, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 1



Well here we go! Week one down, about fifteen to go. When I think of it like that it's kind of daunting isn't it? But I'm sure it will all be fine, and before we know it, it will be almost the end of the semester. Time flies when you keep busy and that's totally something that I am, busy. My main fear is doing well in my Calc I class, which I am taking again. Bummer, right? But I am going to try to apply something that I learned in this particular class to my outlook towards that particular class and that is the growth mindset way of thinking. Now I kinda have tried to be more positive but let's see if I can apply some of the approaches that I saw in this week's Growth Mindset assignment and see how it goes. What did come as a pleasant surprise was the storytelling aspect of this course. After reading students' past story books I came to realize this new way of writing. The retelling of stories in your own words and variations in plots. I think I'm really going to like this, and it will give me a chance to be more creative with my thinking. As far getting into my writing groove, I can't really say there is a particular method to help me per say, but, I just have to think of many different ways to make a story work. Of course, I try to make it a little different from the original work, but with a little flair. Maybe give the characters a little more background or quirks. Down the road I hope to find other methods that will work for me and maybe help me if I have writers block. I know it can happen and hopefully I can find myself out of a rut if need be.

I hope to be able to look back on this very first post of Famous Last Words and see how much my perspective has grown!






Here's a little encouragement, courtesy of Skeletor!





Image Source: Tumblr
Skeletor Affirmations







1 comment:

  1. I had to take Calc I again! Do not fear, it gets easier the second time :) It is cool that you have now seen the growth mindset project so you can have a neat perspective about taking Calculus again. I feel like when I had to take it again, I almost went through minor stages of depression! The knowledge behind the growth mindset project gives me a positive outlook when I look back on it, but at the time, it was very difficult. Hope your second time around is better than the first! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete